Subject: Not sure if this turns out to be on-topic; old Sun drives.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1995 22:31:24
I have a sun "Emulex MD21" device, which is a tape drive and
Maxtor 380 meg drive.  The latter is not SCSI; the controller rather
emulates SCSI for it.  My problems are as follows:

1.  AmigaDOS cannot see the Maxtor SCSI drive.  SCSI scanning things
do mention target 2, lun 0 and 1, but they do nothing about it.
2.  If the tape is plugged in, the system cannot find target 0, or
possibly also 1, generically, I think, anything lower than the tape
drive.

The box appears to be set for target 2; the dip switches referred to
in the field engineers' guide are simply not present.  (There's chips
there, no dip switches.)

Has anyone gotten one of these to work, and can anyone suggest a fix?

-s