Subject: A new user's comments, part 4
To: None <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Scott L. Burson <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1995 13:26:59
   Date: Mon, 05 Jun 1995 08:17:22 -0700
   From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>

   Is the LISP executable undumped?   It's possible that the SIGIOT is
   actually the result of a bad executable - I had that happen quite a
   few times before I got Emacs to undump correctly.   There's no way to
   prevent that signal from being delivered through GDB.   I haven't
   messed with executables on NetBSD/i386, so I can't give you any
   specific pointers, but that's where I'd look.

Hi Ted!

Not sure what you mean by "undumped" -- this is a Franz Allegro Common Lisp
executable.  It starts up fine under SunOS.

Lisp is always a pain in the butt for OS people, though, huh? :-)  Still, BSD
Unix grew up supporting the original Franz Lisp, so one would think it would
be able to handle this.

Okay, so let's go with the hypothesis that even though most of my SunOS
executables are working fine, there's something about this one that the kernel
doesn't like.  How could I discover what that is?  Anyone know?

-- Scott