Subject: dynamic SLIP
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1995 00:38:16
     I asked this question awhile ago on netbsd-users, but didn't get
any answers, so I'm going to try again here.  I've setup a netbsd box
to act as a dial-up slip server.  What I want it to do now is to handle
several phone lines, and to hand out dynamic addresses.  I've devised a
method to do this based on which interface is being used.  I've been
told that to do dynamic slip, you're supposed to spit an IP address out
the line right before entering slip mode.  My slip.login file does so,
but sliplogin sets up the environment so that slip.login can't spit
anything out the line.  Does anybody know the proper way to do dynamic
slip on NetBSD?