Subject: Re: scsi subsystem information wanted...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1995 20:52:09
>#: > Also, is anyone out there using removable-media scsi devices?  I've
>#: If you count CD-roms in on that, sure. To allow removal, just 'umount' the
>#: filesystem, eject it, replace with new media, and 'mount' again.
>Why not just put some semantics into 'eject' which will automagically umount
>the volume?

Some time back, I noticed that NetBSD didn't seem to have an eject
command, so I wrote one which does the above [somewhat simular to Suns
eject command, actually].  It is fairly i386 and SCSI specific, but
should be hard to expand to others.  I'll email to anyone who wants to
do more with it.....

>				--*greywolf;
>#: -Markus
>#: --
>#: EUnet Switzerland                               Markus Wild
>#: Zweierstrasse 35    Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80
>#: CH-8004 Zuerich	    Fax:     +41 1 291 46 42    S=mw;P=EUnet;A=EUnet;C=CH
>#: >Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1. They just want you to THINK it is.

Brad Spencer - [work]
      [more work]