Subject: Re: Old sun pseudo-scsi...
To: None <perry@imsi.com>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1995 15:12:12

>Peter Seebach writes:
>> Does any NetBSD port have a driver for the pseudo-scsi drives they used
>> to bundle with the "shoebox" sun tape drives?  It's supposedly a SCSI
>> emulator with some commands missing.  I'm wondering how likely it would
>> be to work.
>
>I was under the impression that they were simply old fashioned SCSI
>systems -- i.e. several drives attached to a SCSI controller (NOT the
>host interface). Thats why SCSI drives are addressed by controller and
>target, you know, although these days all drives are shipped with
>integrated controllers.
>
>Perry

Actually, it's sicker than that.  The Sun 3/160 that I have uses ESDI
drives with an Emulex SCSI-to-ESDI converter as shipped by Sun.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, Tx  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519