Subject: Re: Release 2.0?
To: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
From: Perry E. Metzger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/25/1995 10:58:56
Tobias Weingartner writes:
> Just a quick query, is there a tenative list of things to be done yet,
> until NetBSD-2.0 can/will be released? ;-)
This is what Charles said a couple of months ago about a next release
(although I'd imagine it wouldn't be a 2.0 but a 1.1 or something.)
I'm sure Charles has different ideas now, though...
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 13:05:54 -0500
From: "Charles M. Hannum" <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: next release
(I assume complete integration of the 4.4lite userland, but what else?)
Here's what I'd like to see:
1) Do FFS clean flags in a reasonable way. I've been talking with
Kirk McKusick about this, and I have an implementation in the works
that's a bit more comprehensive and a bit more robust than previous
2) Find why cd9660 is not agreeing with NFS on a particular CD-ROM,
and fix it.
3) Finish cleaning up the APM stuff that was submitted, and make it
actually reset device state where necessary (i.e. wd disks with c/h/s
4) Look at and integrate the PCMCIA stuff that was submitted.
5) Finish implementing the new interrupt sharing stuff that I was
6) Implement long file names in msdosfs. (I have *almost* enough
information to do this now.)
7) Finish polishing the new mcd.
8) How about those sound drivers, anyway? B-)
9) How about Bill Wells's serial driver?
It would be really nice if there was someone else working on i386