Subject: Re: SCSI ERROR CODE EXPLANATION
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1995 07:43:35
Brian Buhrow wrote:
> am unsure exactly what the drive is trying to tell me.  Specifically, I
> believe I might be running into a bug in the micro code of the Conner
> disk drive.

 You guessed right.  I have had encountered similar bugs with the CFP1080S,
ie.  the 1MB cache was not flushed (written) correctly so that I got
serious errors like bogous files.

> 	Any suggestions, explanations of what I'm seeing, or ideas on what to
> try to get the ball rolling would be most helpful.

 Ask the Conner-tech guy for the newest release of the ROM.  You can burn
it yourself into your drive's flash RAM if you have an adapted SCSI adaptor
using a simple program. This helped to me.

--
Markus Illenseer