Subject: Re: Kernel Make Problem
To: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/1995 11:31:57

>    Has anyone else had trouble linking kernels since the last sup or
> two? On an i386 (it may be similar on other platforms, but I'm not
> sure, hence the choice of list) make makes all the object files, but
> on the link, or specifically on "${SYSTEM_LD} swapnetbsd.o", make
> complains: "*** Error code 1". "make -i" appears to link a correct
> kernel, but I haven't tested it yet. My suspicion is that this is a
> side-effect of the sh changes, but that is just a guess.

That supposition would dove-tail nicely something I have noticed over
the past week or so that 'sh' seems to be dumping core about once or
twice a day.  There is no consistent pattern, but my nightly news
'daily' job seems to cause the dumps most often.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom