Subject: rebooting with May11
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1995 10:55:36
Hi:
  System: NetBSD-Amiga -current May 11, A3000, 12MB Fast Ram.

  I am running -current binaries May 11, When I reboot in SINGLE USER mode
with the reboot using:
      sync;sync;sleep 5;reboot
I get the error:

spec_fsync: dirty, type VBLK, usecount 1, writecount 0. refcount 16
the message is repeated in a (what seems like) a endless loop.

This message comes from the sys/miscfs/specfs/spec_vnops.c file
as a DIAGNOSTIC.

I only get this message when running the May 11 binaries, This happens
using either a April 28 kernel or a May 11 kernel. I never saw this
behaviour using the April 28 binaries. What is puzzling is that
the code for reboot has not changed for a while now. Reboot only
links to libutil which hasn't changed for a while now also.

When I go into SINGLE USER mode, I always use fsck before mounting
the file system. (I use single user mode to rebuild -current)

Has any one else run into this problem?

-ROb Leland