Subject: Re: Linux emulation
To: None <>
From: Szabolcs Szigeti (PinkPanther) <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/1995 09:39:39
> This may not seem to be a very important thing but I've recently built a
> kernel with Linux emulation and am trying to test it but when I try to
> run linuxxdoom I get " can't load dynamic linker `/lib/` " or
> something very close anyways. I tried making a symlink from /usr/libexec
> to /lib but it still fails. Any Ideas

Yes! You'll need Linux's Create a dir /emul/linux and
use that as a root for linux stuff. Then put Linux's to
/emul/linux/lib/ . As far as I know the emulation code
looks up filenames by first using /emul/linux as root, then the real root.

Anyway, if you need linux doom, someone once put together a full
package of all the things needed to run it. I don't know where
can you find it in the us, but if everything else fails, you
might want to ftp it from here, /pub/NetBSD/other/linuxdoom.tar.gz

Hope this helps,

|You are not expected to understand this |        Szabolcs  Szigeti         |
| -- Ken Thompson in swtch() --          |          |