Subject: Re: reading from named pipes
To: Randy Terbush <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/1995 15:12:39
>>    I have two processes reading from the same named pipe.
>>    The output written to the pipe seems to get evenly split
>>    between the two processes.

>> More importantly, why is it an issue?

>I have two processes reading from the same pipe. I would like
>them to each be getting the same information.

Sounds like you should be writing a simple server process that
controls access to the pipe/socket/whatever and doles out the data to
client processes which talk to it.

  Michael L. VanLoon
     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...