Subject: arpresolv??
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/1995 17:47:28
ok, I've just gone and build a completely new os from friday's sup.

all went fine.. world build fine..  kernel built fine..

but I get one significant error..  after bootup I can't use the ethernet
card and get continual errors to the effect:

"/netbsd: arpresolv: unable to enter address for xxxxxxxx(some ethernet)"
and
"/netbsd: arpresolv: unable to allocate llinfo"
and when I set the network to be down
"/netbsd: le0: crc mismatch"
and
"/netbsd: le0: framing error"

yet I can boot an older kernel and it works fine.

can anyone explain this?

the system is i486DX4-100 BT SCSI, ne2100 compat ethernet, 32meg of ram,
current source (5/5/95 (or 5/5/95 for the americans))

----
James Lever
Prentice Centre, University of Queensland