Subject: Re: SUP for Linux
To: Kevin Sullivan <>
From: Rob Healey <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1995 16:43:34
> Rob Windsor ( wrote:
> I use sup on Ultrix, Solaris (ugh), and OSF/1, and compiled it myself
> (from the NetBSD sources; they were all I could find).  It was easy on
> all of the platforms except Solaris.  I've never compiled anything for
> Linux, but assuming it is really as standard as people claim it is
> there shouldn't be much problem compiling sup there.
	When I last looked at sup it's code was horribly un-ANSI C and
	used ALOT of BSD only assumptions. This is why SVRx systems like
	Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and probably Linux might be a pain in the butt
	to port it to.

	Has anybody ANSI/POSIXified the sup source? Maybe we could get it
	in to the othersrc tree to replace the older code?