Subject: Trouble with NCR53C810??
To: users current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCN0tAbkQ+OEobKEI=?= (KATSURAGAWA Naoki) <katsura@azma.prc.tsukuba.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1995 18:59:49
Hi.

My P5-66 box doesn't boot from NCR adaptor. My kernel is build from
the latest sup. The kernel is able to recognize NCR adaprot and scans
the SCSI devices. But it stops after the message "scsibus0 at ncr0."

I tested the FreeBSD's 950322 snapshot boot floppy and it worked
ok. So the trouble might be the driver's fault. The FreeBSD's NCR driver
said its revision was 1.13. My NetBSD kernel says the revision is
1.14.  If I take the NCR adaptor off, my kernel CAN boot from either
AHA1542 or IDE. If I attach the card, it stops at the message and
never comes back.

Could someone help me?

katsura@prc.tsukuba.ac.jp
Katsuragawa, Naoki
Plasma Research Center, U. of Tsukuba, Japan