Subject: Re: SUP for Linux
To: Scott J. Ellentuch <tuc@aindev.gtd.eds.com>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.weru.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1995 18:39:25
Verily did "Scott J. Ellentuch" write:

> PLEASE,

> 	Don't flame me! Its true that I'm a current Linux user, but I
> *JUST* got NetBSD running on my Sun 3/50.  What I need, though, is to be
> able to run SUP from my Linux (I have a PPP connection to the net and its
> also where I le() boot from).  Has anyone ever ported it?

I believe so.

For one, sup isn't a `NetBSD-only' thing.  (Even though archie all-but says
that.)

It has been compiled on our (where I work) Solaris 2.3 Sparc LX, and if it
has been ported to that, it should compile on about every modern OS with
slight tweakage.

*Disclaimer:  I wasn't the one who compiled it here, so I don't know how
              much of of pain it was to get it ported.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'