Subject: Re: Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1995 07:51:31

> I would like to exchange notes with anyone who has compiled
> Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current.
>
> I saw some discussion of this a week or two ago. I gleened
> from that discussion that there was a problem with Configure
> and have hand edited the resulting config.sh to properly
> choose the most current version of the shared libc.
>
> I am still encountering problems loading dynamic modules
> and would appreciate an exchange of experience.

Running the risk of bad voodo replying to my own post....

I am happy to say that I was finally able to get Perl5.001e working.
                                                          ^

                                          This was the key.

There were some changes in this recent release that fixed some
problems with regard to the dynamic loading modules.  It appears
that "HAVE_DLERROR" was incorrectly defined during the config
process, but after undefing that variable, all is well.