Subject: Re: Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current
To: Randy Terbush <>
From: Randy Terbush <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1995 07:51:31
> I would like to exchange notes with anyone who has compiled
> Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current.
> I saw some discussion of this a week or two ago. I gleened
> from that discussion that there was a problem with Configure
> and have hand edited the resulting to properly
> choose the most current version of the shared libc.
> I am still encountering problems loading dynamic modules
> and would appreciate an exchange of experience.

Running the risk of bad voodo replying to my own post....

I am happy to say that I was finally able to get Perl5.001e working.
                                          This was the key.

There were some changes in this recent release that fixed some
problems with regard to the dynamic loading modules.  It appears
that "HAVE_DLERROR" was incorrectly defined during the config
process, but after undefing that variable, all is well.