Subject: HP ScanJet IIP works with PINT IIc driver (mostly)
To: None <pint@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1995 08:20:09
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 14:05:57 +0200
From: Jan Timm <timm@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
To: kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: pint

Hi again,

   > Is it possible to use it (on sunos4.1.x) with a HP ScanJet 2P scanner?
   > (with the ScanJet 2c/cx driver)

   I have never tested this, so I cannot offer a definitive answer.

   I believe that the 2P is a SCSI scanner.  If this is true and you have
   a guide to escape codes used by the 2P it would not be very difficult
   to modify the IIc/IIcx driver to support the 2P.  If the 2P uses a
   compatible subset of the escape codes that the IIc uses it may work
   right now.

It worked nearly out of the box: I just had to add the code C1790A for
the ScanJet IIp so the driver thinks it's a ScanJet IIc/cx. Monochrome
and Greyscale works, the dithered mode doesn't. The doc's don't list
the scancodes... Do I have to order additional docs from HP ?
Do you plan to port pint to solaris some day ?
Now i'm trying to get easy-pint to compile (wasn't successful so far...)

Cheers, Jan

Jan G. Timm      System Administration - Computational Linguistics
Universitaet des Saarlandes - Im Stadtwald - D66041 - Saarbruecken
Germany  -  Tel: +49 (0)681 302 4310      Fax: +49 (0)681 302 4700