Subject: Re: More on the hung PPP
To: None <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1995 17:27:29
>>>>> "Gerald" == Gerald C Simmons <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com> writes:

Gerald> My initial conclusions: Looks like perhaps hardware
Gerald> handshaking isn't really supported with com.c. Is it supposed
Gerald> to be? I've been working my issue of my Supra 28.8 Modem not
Gerald> working reliably with NetBSD-1.0. Everyone I've talked to have
Gerald> steered me to a flow control problem. I was told to shut off
Gerald> all software flow control for UUCP. All that's left is
Gerald> hardware. Am I on the right track.

This is known, NetBSD unpatched doesn't support CTS.  I think you'll
find some patch in the current-users archive (sent by me last fall)
for the MI-part.  For com.c you need yet another small patch which
I can provide with a little work (I'm out of town this week).

Too bad I haven't kept current lately, but I think those patches
should apply rather well anyway.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden