Subject: Re: Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1995 12:25:58

   > you need to compile and install the current ld.so.  this lives in
   > src/gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld.

   I am current as of April 28.  I also got lots of "text relocation"
   errors when creating a module (Msql.so).  When loading the module
   it complains of not being able to find "boot_Msql" which is infact
   in the Msql.so when examined with 'nm'.

   I am in the process of recompiling the NetBSD libs since I seem to recall
   some problems with gas in the not to distant past of which all of
   my April 28 libs were created.

this sounds like the Msql module hasn't been compiled with
-fpic.  are you building the Msql module away from the perl 5
source tree ?  that is the prefered method now.

.mrg.