Subject: Re: Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1995 12:05:47

   I would like to exchange notes with anyone who has compiled
   Perl 5.001 on NetBSD-current.

   I saw some discussion of this a week or two ago. I gleened
   from that discussion that there was a problem with Configure
   and have hand edited the resulting config.sh to properly
   choose the most current version of the shared libc.

   I am still encountering problems loading dynamic modules
   and would appreciate an exchange of experience.

you need to compile and install the current ld.so.  this lives in
src/gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld.

please let me know of any more problems you have, and make sure you've
got the patches up to 1e for 5.001 (ftp.cis.ufl.edu:/pub/perl/src/5.0
has them).

.mrg.