Subject: Re: /usr/share/doc/smm/02.con
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.weru.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1995 01:48:19
Verily did jim spath write:

>}-- Mike said:
>} Are the docs for config.new included with Lite?
>} If so, can someone add them to the tree?
>} I'd much rather RTFM than RTFS.
>} Alternatively, can someone tell me if there is a site other than
>} ftp.cdrom.com (which is down) that has the 4.4BSD-Lite tree?
>}-- End of excerpt from Mike Long

> I'll probably live to regret this, but I'd like to volunteer to work on
> documentation for NetBSD...  In the couple years I've used 386 and
> NetBSD, I've wanted to know a lot of details that were found in very
> many places:  the FAQ, the smm directories (not much help till you are
> done), and the various newgroups and mailing lists.  But the FAQ is both
> limited in scope and covers details that are dated or non-NetBSD.  I
> can see the need for someone to root through the mailing list archives
> and summarize some of the knowledge base.

I've thrown together a handful of things in my web page to assist "newbies"
with NetBSD.  I'm obviously missing a lot of things, but I figured that I
would work on these as I thought of them.  I can only speak for NetBSD/i386
since that's all that I have experience with, but a lot of the information
can assist other ports also.  (Besides, most of the people that need "newbie"
type help are NetBSD/i386 users.)

The URL is http://www.ksu.edu/~windsor/netbsd/ and helpful e-mail/links are
more-than-welcome.  Also, if someone thinks of something that would help,
send me e-mail, and I'll put it into the html-todo list.  :>

Just my $0.02 worth.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'