Subject: Re: config.sh for perl5.001 ?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@laurin.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1995 21:21:12
> BTW I noticed that on NetBSD and SunOS, perl's Configure does not do a
> good job of working out which libc.so is in use.  On both systems it
> offered to use the oldest one available (from 0.9 on zen!)

This is a generic bug in many of the Configure scripts floating around -
it bites elm too. They look at several places for lib*.so.* files, sort
them *alphabeticaly* and take the last. This gives you libc.so.9.0
if you happen to have libc.so.9.0, libc.so.10.0, libc.so.11.0, libc.so.12.0
and libc.so.12.2.

I just deleted libc.so.9.0 and Configure was happy again.

Martin

--
"These are the people who popularized Hungarian notation, yet their own API
is a Freudian stream-of-consciousness."   -- Paul DiLascia