Subject: Re: config.sh for perl5.001 ?
To: None <willett@math.utah.edu>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1995 08:42:27
> Curious.  I had no problems with perl5.001 on current/{i386,sparc},
> even with dynamic loading enabled.  I've made some changes to the
> source, but even the initial test I did before I made my mods, with
> just the default netbsd setup for perl, passed all the tests handily.
>
> Are your libraries/gas/ld/gcc up to date?

I'm -current as of a couple of weeks ago.  And yes I have all the
COMPAT_* options enabled.

> If you don't have SETUIDSCRIPTS set, then I think that perl is compiled
> differently, so this is a real possibility.

Interesting.  I've never used SETUIDSCRIPTS and I've never told perl
to emulate them - I just never use setuid scripts...

BTW I noticed that on NetBSD and SunOS, perl's Configure does not do a
good job of working out which libc.so is in use.  On both systems it
offered to use the oldest one available (from 0.9 on zen!)

Thanks for the data point...

--sjg