Subject: Re: A suggestion for the INSTALL/README docs
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Richard H. Wood <rhw@woodwrk.pic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1995 06:16:17
According to Scott Reynolds:

> It seems reasonable to me that a sentence or two on how to use the man
> pages might be appropriate for the clueless that will be installing it.
> Something like:
>
> 'Documentation is available if you install the man.tar.gz distribution
> files.  For more information, enter
  <the rest deleted>

> Comments?
>
> --scott

Yes.  I think this is an *excellent* idea!!

But everybody's gotta be an editor, right?  So, here's my minor
modification:

'Documentation is available online, if you first install the
man.tar.gz distribution files.  Then, from the shell prompt, enter

      man man

and you will see a description of the 'man' command.  If you are
unsure of where to look, type

      apropos subject-word

where "subject-word" is your topic of interest; a list of possibly
related manual pages will be displayed.'

-dick
--
rhw@woodwrk.pic.net        -    R. H. \X/ood     -         dwood@cpdsc.com