Subject: SUP when.xxx files are bad.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1995 10:50:34
Hi.
I do have a problem with sup.
Usually I sup from a local mirror, but when this is down I sup from
sun-lamp.
The problem is that I supped locally and the next day I supped from
sun lamp. sun-lamp didn't send any changes because it saw my when.xxx
files and thought it sent the changes already. When I logged on to sun
lamp I saw that the files were different from mine.

What had happened (I beleive) is that the when.xxx file was written
according to local time when I last supped locally (Australian time is
many hours ahead of US time)

I wanted to change the date in the when.xxx file by one day and try
again, but for some reason these files are in a strange format and I
don't know how to change them.

I could delete the when.xxx file and update the tree from scratch, but
this is a rather expensive operation which takes several hours over a
9600baud modem line.

Is there any way to change the when.xxx files so that they show the
date in ascii?

Or is there a simple lookup table that lets me translate them myself?

Thanks for any help.

Arthur.

__
Arthur Hoffmann					hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au