Subject: "make" of -current pukes
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1995 20:14:23
Hi,

I just updated my sourcetree today and tried to run "make" in /usr/src, and
it died with the following error:

[...]
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[28].description' from incompatible pointer type
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[29].name' from incompatible pointer type
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[29].func' makes integer from pointer without a cast
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[29].description' from incompatible pointer type
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[30].name' from incompatible pointer type
fcns.c:50: warning: initialization of `el_func_help[30].func' makes integer from pointer without a cast
fcns.c: In function `func__get':
fcns.c:52: `el_func' undeclared (first use this function)
fcns.c:52: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fcns.c:52: for each function it appears in.)
help.h: At top level:
help.h:4: warning: `help__get' declared `static' but never defined
*** Error code 1
[...]

I took a look at /usr/src/lib/libedit/fcns.c and noticed that it had
a comment at the beginning of it mentioning that it was automatically
generated ("do not edit"), so I don't know what's breaking or where.

I tried a compile without "make clean", and that died, so I did "make clean",
"make depend" (which died) and then "make", which is what you see above.

Can anyone verify this, and point out what I need to do to fix this?
(I'd try at it myself, but I'm not much of a programmer).

Thanks,

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@ksu.ksu.edu      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'