Subject: Re: Boot from CD-ROM
To: perry@imsi.com, Brad Midgley <junkmail@pht.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1995 21:39:10
On Apr 10, 22:09, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
> You aren't the only one who thinks this -- Wasabi Informatics, Inc.
> (one of my numerous corporate interests) is about to release a
> NetBSD CD-ROM. We'll be kicking a percentage back to the core team
> just as soon as the core team figures out how to accept the money. I'd
> strongly urge that anyone else thinking of going into the business do
> something similar.

 I have done since the beginning - the funny thing was that noone in the US
could understand my idea of a 'shareware CD-ROM'. I wanted to release a CD for
a low price and ask the honest user to donate a small amount which could
then send to the core team (in my case to the Amiga team at least, as my CD is
mainly intended for the Amiga market). Now I release the CD anyway, still for
a low price (DM 19.80 or about US$ 14), but not as a shareware-CD. This way
noone can object that I am actually gaining much money from NetBSD.

 I would be glad to provide a pointer to a way how to donate to the
NetBSD project...

--
Markus Illenseer