Subject: Re: Questions about features of NetBSD
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1995 17:22:45
On Mon, 10 Apr 1995 16:19:36 -0700
 Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com> wrote:

 > Oh, but wouldn't *that* be a win!   Probably not brutally difficult
 > either, although it'd be a lot of work.

Yes, it would (win and work...).  I've been thinking of the semantics of
this a bit...perhaps a `swap-byte' flag that's handled on a per-mount
basis...this flag could be set by reading the superblock, if the magic
number is wrong, flip it around, check again, if it's fine now, set the
flag...you get the idea...

 > BTW, Jason, I know how to get NetBSD/386 to mount pmax drives, if
 > you're interested... :')

Cool...send me the code...I've got my hp380 doing hp, sparc, and
almost amiga...I need to scavenge a disk from a sun3 (well, one that I
can plug into my hp, anyway...) and see if it works with it, too.

Ciao.

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939