Subject: Re: Questions about features of NetBSD
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1995 23:41:38

>> 3. machine independent console driver for isa graphicscards

der Mouse> You did say "isa".  If you mean the bus used in many x86
der Mouse> family machines, you should probably take it to port-i386
der Mouse> rather than current-users.  Machine independence is
der Mouse> relative; in the context of current-users, nothing
der Mouse> x86-specific can be machine independent.

ISA-busses exist in other ports as well, Amiga for example...
That's m68k!  There was an effort started to make the isa code more
machine independent than it is today, but things got stalled due to me
I guess, as I am the sole author of non-x86 ISA code so far.  I've
been very busy lately, as well as spent some weeks in bed suffering
from several illnesses.  It's been a bad spring :-(

Niklas