Subject: Re: mixer?
To: Brandon Reed <reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/1995 01:45:21
Hi,

on Mon, 10 Apr 1995 00:57:39 +0200 Brandon Reed wrote
concerning "mixer?" something like this:

> I recently updated to current and now my PAS16 initializes and I can play
> audio files but it's at max volume and I can't find anything about a
> mixer device. I need to turn the volume down, it's unusable with gain at max.

> Did I miss something? There's no mention of a mixer device in MAKEDEV and
> I don't know where to look beyond that.

That's one of the things that can happen with -current ;) To get a mixer
device (on i386 platforms) type (as root):
	mknod /dev/mixer c 42 16
(you have to read the source to find that. As far as I know there is no
documentation on ioctl's, etc. either, yet.)

Bye, Rolf