Subject: NetBSD.rmit.edu.au UP again
To: None <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1995 16:00:13
I wrote:
> Due to a disk failure, netbsd.rmit.edu.au (the Australian mirror)
> is DOWN until further notice.

> I will notify the list when it is back up and running.

It's back up and running.

The disk that 'failed' had logged messages about hard errors, but a
reboot "fixed" it. In any case, I added a 300MB SCSI disk and
controller (upto 1GB of disk space), and did some data moving
operations.
Result: -current is now on the SCSI disk, and I'm mirroring "packages"
onto the potentially failing disk (cause -current is more important.)

Another 1.3GB SCSI disk may be added in the future, so I can make the
machine a full mirror of ftp.netbsd.org. Ahh, the joys of scrounging
equipment to provide a service ;)

Luke.
--
Luke Mewburn                                                  <lm@werj.com.au>
``Concealment is never as hard as people think, you must understand that. It's