Subject: Help! libc.so corrupted!
To: cur-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1995 01:23:33
Oh darn.  I got a -current kernel to run successfully, so I decided to go
through the rest of the install sequence.  Somewhere along the way a new
version of libc.so got installed, and then when new versions of things
like login, vi, others got installed, things started breaking.

Running the above programs (and presumably others linked with libc.so)
results in an error message of the form:  ___buf_init called from vi:
/usr/lib/libc.so.12.0 at %xxxxxxx

Any ideas what the problem is?  I didn't get any errors that I recall
while building libc.  And of course I don't have a backup, although I
could rebuild from the 1.0 kit.

| Paul Goyette            | PGP Public key available on request  |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0 |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6 |