Subject: Re: Boot from CD-ROM
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1995 20:49:24
On Apr 7,  8:26pm, Creed Erickson wrote:
>It strikes me that to get enough of a system up, partition, format and
>install on to a hard drive, while guarenteeing a no-swap condition, you're
>likely to exceed a reasonable memory requirement. I have no empirical data
>to back that up, so it's possible I'm suffering a rectal-cranial
>inversion.

I wouldn't think you'd need all that much memory just to format and
partition (single user mode), and once you have that done, you can
mount a swap space...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

User n.:
	A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.