Subject: Re: wu-ftp
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/1995 20:10:23
>I solved the problem with .message file not displaying.  The only problem
>I have left is when doing 'ls -l' it shows a number for the user instead
>of name (i.e. '0' instead of 'root').

Sounds like you need to copy your passwd file over to the chroot'd ftp
partition so the usernames can be found (might want to do the group
file, also).

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...