Subject: Re: cdrom newfs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1995 07:16:37
>> CDROM images stored in files are writable and in iso9660 format.
> Maybe I was misleading.  How do you mount this image read-write?

At present you don't, due to the lack of a read/write iso9660
filesystem implementation.  (Given such an implementation, you'd either
dd the thing onto a disk partition and mount it, or use the vn (or are
they vnd now?) devices.)  My point was that there is nothing
conceptually difficult about the notion of a writable iso9660
filesystem.

The implementation may be difficult, perhaps even difficult enough that
it's not worth doing.  But there's nothing but that preventing it from
being done.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu