Subject: Re: NFS problems talking to Sun's
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1995 21:25:31
On Fri, 31 Mar 1995 21:44:46 -0500
 "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu> wrote:

 >    I heard that it is a known problem that NetBSD machines have
 >    problems talking to Sun NFS servers.
 >
 > Huh?  Where did you hear that?  I'm not aware of any such problems.

Actually, I've experienced problems with Sun clients talking to NetBSD
servers.  The solution in this case is to turn off statd and lockd on the
Sun.  Sun server/NetBSD client actually works great...I boot Sun 3/260s
like this...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939