Subject: Re: Problem with libc.so.12.2
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1995 09:30:10
> after I updated my libc from 12.1 to 12.2 I got a problem that it is no more
> possible to start my Xserver (the screen swiched to X, but it stops before I
> get the grayscaled background) for my Picasso (Amiga), a friend has the same
> problem with the new generic Xserver, but when I use the old libc I can work
> again with that Xserver.

Hmm.  The changes between 12.1 and 12.2 were simply the addition of
qabs and qdiv; a change of the type fgets()'s second argument from
size_t to int; and posibly a change to vfprintf to handle
%ll[d,i,o,u,x] for long long integers.

I don't know how any these changes could cause the problems you are
encountering.

	--jtc