Subject: Re: telnetd vs. NCSA telnet 2.6
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1995 19:22:17
>On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, matthew green wrote:

>> this can happen if you use telnetd -k and use a new telnet client.

>For the record, I don't use telnetd -k on any systems.  My preferred way
>to solve this problem is to replace telnet.

This is not really a viable option for many situations.  For example,
the SCO Unix box that allows me to telnet outside the firewall at
work, where I have no superuser privs, and where there is no (usable)
compiler).

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...