Subject: Re: cdrom newfs
To: Juergen Marenda <marenda@sun.koblenz.fh-rpl.de>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1995 12:59:26
On Mar 29, 12:07pm, Juergen Marenda wrote:
> Subject: cdrom newfs
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> with the lower prices of CD-Writeing Hardware,

 The hardware is costy if you do it for your own pleasure.

> I am wondering weather there are tools to
> create a cd-rom filesystem (ISO with or without Rockridge extension)
> as an image file or partition on a harddisk to be able to mount this
> image (to test and check it) an burn it the to a cd-r.

 mkisofs 1.3 does the job (carefull on low-endian systems, mkisofs has a bug).
 Use vnconfig to mount the image to a virtual device and the normal mount -t cd9660
to finally mount the virtual CD.

 I don't know how to burn the CD, but I'd guess you would simply copy the image
to the burner using 'dd if=myimage of=/dev/somescsi bs=64KB'

> a fsck fore iso-9660 (+rockridge) would also very nice :-)

 A what? You dont want that.

> there was some rumor that something like this is included in
> " Yggdrasil's plug & play linux", but i can not verify this.

 It is.

--
Markus Illenseer