Subject: About the dosemu stuff: it's still very alpha
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1995 09:06:42
If it wasn't/isn't obvious, the dosemu stuff I pointed you folks to last
night is very much still in the alpha stages.  In particular, the kernel
side of the support WILL change in the near future (what's there now is
slightly disgusting; the replacement stuff will likely still be gross
but not quite so gross).

Also note that the patches introduce a security hole with eflags
manipulation if you are using sigreturn to return to VM86 mode; the
security test for what flags may be manipulated is absent.  I'll fix
that tonight, but beware if you fiddle today.

If you're interested in helping out (particularly with things like
console video debugging and/or DPMI stuff), give me a yell.

==John