Subject: Xterms
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1995 00:26:40
My xterms are acting strangely.  When they start up, backspacing over
characters removes them in csh's line buffer, but not on the screen.
Also, using ESC to complete filenames backspaces too far, again only
on the screen.  Using 'reset -Q' to reset the xterm fixes both
problems.  My erase char is ^H; if I use ^? instead, I can't backspace
on the screen at all.

I am running the NetBSD-1.0/i386 version of XFree86 3.1.1 under an
up-to-date -current/i386.  I got the binary packages from
ftp.eecs.umich.edu, which mirrors them from ftp.xfree86.org.

I tried replacing the xterm entry in termcap.src with one from the
XFree86 distribution and rebuilding & installing termcap and
termcap.db, but that didn't eliminate the problem.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one dealing with this; X
is pretty popular.  TIA for any help any of you can give,
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>       PGP 2.6.2 public key signature:
VLSI Design Engineer                  CCBF225E7D3F7ECB2C8F7ABB15D9BE7B