Subject: Re: poor man's demand-dial
To: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1995 10:08:00
>I applied those patches to my -current sources and installed the new
>pppd and chat.  It did not seem to help.  It is still reliably the
>case that when the modem drops, pppd fails to notice and die as it should.

Are you sure it's not a hardware problem?  Maybe an incorrect/incomplete
cable?  Maybe your modem isn't set up correctly to hang up when it
receives a DTR transition?

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...