Subject: Re: poor man's demand-dial
To: None <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1995 02:29:43
I applied those patches to my -current sources and installed the new
pppd and chat.  It did not seem to help.  It is still reliably the
case that when the modem drops, pppd fails to notice and die as it should.

Perhaps the problem is hardware-specific.  I am using the i386 ast/com driver.
Has anyone else but me seen lossage like this with any serial port?

I tried to investigate by setting a breakpoint on ttymodem in ddb, but
using ddb locked my keyboard so I could not really pursue it.  (That
problem is definitely hardware-specific, and I will whine about it on
port-i386, not here.)