Subject: iBCS2 compat, WordPerfect demo
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1995 07:26:35
I just installed the SCO version of the WordPerfect 6.0 demo, and it
seems to work okay.

To try it yourself:

1) Download the demo from ftp.wordperfect.com, and unpack it.  If you
have SCO shared libraries, you can get the dynamic version; otherwise
get the static version.

2) Make sure you have the newest version of sed(1) installed.  I just
fixed two bugs in it that affect the WP installation scripts.  (The
patches should show up tomorrow morning on sun-lamp.)

3) Compile a -current kernel with COMPAT_IBCS2 and boot it.

4) touch /dev/socksys

5) Run the `wpinstall' program, and wade through the dialog boxes.

Enjoy.