Subject: Re: problem compiling current kernel
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/1995 11:38:00
I followed everyone's advice and recompiled gas, everything was okay until
this at the end:

ld -x -z -T F8100000 -o netbsd -e start ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
locore.o: Definition of symbol `_ssdtosd' (multiply defined)
machdep.o: Undefined symbol `_Xosyscall' referenced from text segment
machdep.o: Definition of symbol `_ssdtosd' (multiply defined)
ld: Unexpected multiple definitions of symbol `_ssdtosd', type 0x1

trap.o: Undefined symbol `_resume_iret' referenced from text segment
trap.o: Undefined symbol `_resume_pop_ds' referenced from text segment
trap.o: Undefined symbol `_resume_pop_es' referenced from text segment
ld: Unexpected multiple definitions of symbol `_ssdtosd', type 0x1

*** Error code 1

Stop.

I thought ld might (though unlikely) be the culprit so I went for a new
compile for it!  I got a problem there to:

cc -O2 -g -I/usr/src/current/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld
 -I/usr/src/current/src/gnu/usr.b
in/ld/i386   -c ld.c
ld.c: In function `enter_global_ref':
ld.c:1438: `BIND_WEAK' undeclared (first use this function)
ld.c:1438: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ld.c:1438: for each function it appears in.)
ld.c: In function `digest_pass1':
ld.c:1870: `BIND_WEAK' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop.

So what do I do now?

Thanks for the help in the past, it's always rough learning a new system,
especially inside and out.

*       John A. Maier          * Research Assistant For Datastorm    *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Technologies Inc. (Procomm Plus)    *
* AOL:    BigJohnAM@aol.com    * (314) 443-3283                      *