Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/1995 03:01:35
In article <9503132319.AA00363@jade.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>,
Markus Illenseer <markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> On Mar 10,  9:51am, Phil Nelson wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Netscape.
> > >Do each of the non-x86 NetBSDs support an executable for some commercial
> > >UNIX system?
>
>  NetBSD-Amiga does not support the commercial Amiga-UNIX - alas no big
> surprise as it is a SYS-V devirat.

There's no reason it couldn't. NetBSD has SVR4 emulation code. Adding
AMIX compatibility should be no harder than adding Linux/68k compatibility.
It would even be useful -- I've already seen one request from someone
who wanted to run a commercial binary-only AMIX app under NetBSD or Linux.
All that's needed is someone with AMIX (to test compatibility) and the time.
I suppose one could also run binaries from SVR4 Motorola VME boxes and
whatnot.