Subject: did i hose somthing?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <cml@mindslayer.mother.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1995 14:28:03
Hi.  I just grabbed -current on March 11, my system (i386) has
been running 1.0R.  I started to build current, but ran into some
problems-

1.  I tried to build a -current kernel first, after remaking
config.new, but I got errors in locore.s about "cpuid" not being
a valid instruction.. Being clueless about i386 asm, I decided to
build current compilers and libs before i tried the kernel again.

2. I build gcc and gas, no problems, then I installed include,
then I built ld, then I did a make in /usr/src/lib, and came
up with this one, which I've been stuck on:

cc -O -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE
-DFLOATING_POINT  -c /usr/src/lib/libc/net/linkaddr.c
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/linkaddr.c: In function `link_addr':
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/linkaddr.c:95: invalid operands to binary -
*** Error code 1

Did I do something horrendously wrong here?

-Chris