Subject: Re: Segmentation fault - Running out of memory?
To: Dave Burgess <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/1995 11:01:39
Dave Burgess <> mumbled:

>> > From:	IN%""  "Jason Thorpe" 10-MAR-1995 16:27:14.20

>> >  "Michael L. VanLoon --" <> wrote:
>> >  > It used to take me three to four days on my old 386DX/33 with 5MB of
>> >  > RAM and IDE drives, though. :-)

>> > It once took me ~1wk on an hp320... :-/

>> Are these long compile times due to the speed of the computer, or are there
>> other things running on them at the same time slowing them down?

>Mike's problem is that he lived in Iowa then and they had slower
>electricity. ;-)

Which is to explain why Dave is always having problems with his SLIP
connection...  it's those flat phone lines out there in Nebraska that
don't conduct high frequencies very well...

  Michael L. VanLoon
     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...