Subject: Status of WD7000-ASC controler
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1995 14:25:49
Dear NetBSDers,
   I would like to use NetBSD on a system which has WD7000-ASC controler on
it.  The INSTALL notes indicate that it is being worked on.  In the sources
for both 1.0 and current I see wd7000.c code but apparently missing wds.h
header file.
   When I attempt to boot the generic kcha-10 floppy the system reboots
shortly after seeing /|- (first three characters in the spinner).  This
happens with the wd7000 board or if I remove the wd7000 and replace with
an IDE controller.  The computer is 8MB 386/20 with the Epson CHETA
motherboard.
   So two questions:
1) What needs to be done to get the WD7000-ASC controler working with NetBSD
2) Anybody seen similar problems when attempting to boot off floppies
   on a system like this.

Thanks in advance.
johnh...