Subject: HylaFax problem "fixed"; WHY doesn't x86 version bomb?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1995 15:15:02
	I was able to get HylaFax 3.0beta100 to compile on NetBSD/m68k(Amiga)
	by changing the mode_t fields in ServerConfig.c++, ServerConfig.h
	and FaxConfig.c++ to u_int's and thus pad the structure out to
	the 96 bits the Class routines needed. Works slick now.

	Now, people responded to my original query saying that the x86 port,
	which uses 16bit mode_t, worked just fine!?! Is there something
	liberal about the x86 address space vs the m68k that would allow
	bogus pointers to pass by unnoticed? Just curious I guess...

	Anyways, for bigendian ports or any ports that faxgetty is dying
	immediately on, try changing the mode_t defs in the above 3 files to
	u_int.

	I'm trying to figure out how to adapt the class to 16 bit before
	talking to Sam about getting fixes into a future release.

	-Rob